Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wyndham, What a ham!

Sheesh. You know, you’d think that a hotel that charged you $139 a night (and this is the discounted rate we’re getting for attending the conference) they MIGHT INCLUDE your internet access. HA! No such luck at this dump. They want to charge me $10.00 a day for either wired or wireless access (and I can't have both). BLOW ME WAYPORT! On top of that insult, the front desk tells me that internet is waived if you are part of their rewards program, which is free. GREAT! SIGN ME UP! She tells me this, “No problem, but it doesn’t activate until your next stay.” Fat lot of good that does me!!!

So fine, I decide I’ll just use my Bluetooth connection to my cell phone (SprintPCS). As Murphy would have it, that didn’t want to work for me. And that is strange because it has always worked for me in the past. Sounds a little fishy to me, but what can I do? Grrr, BUY that DAMN WAYPORT of course.

Anyhow, the trip was fine. The shuttle to the hotel was fine. The rooms, well, they were kind of so-so. The wallpaper is peeling, there are stains on the carpet and furniture, and the batteries in the TV remote DESPERATELY need to be changed. ;)

Ok, enough complaining about the hotel. Suffice it to say that The Wyndham O’Hare in Rosemont, Il is NOT WORTH THE MONEY. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I travel a lot and've joined all the airline and hotel and even rental car clubs for those few "extra" perks.
And yep I belong to Wyndham's "By Request."
But you're right, with the price these places are charging you'd think they'd at least provide internet complimentary.
Bu I guess they think it's gonna be as lucrative as the in-room (xxx) movies, which apparently chains like Marriott are making millions from.
But out of all those clubs I belong to, the only one worth it is Northwest Airlines. I've gotten so many free upgrades to first class that I almost fly Northwest exclusively!