Thursday, July 06, 2006

Compromises Part Three

Ok, the last compromise is with myself.

It's like this, I'm 31 years old, and have never had a "hot body." I realize that the older I get, the harder it will be. I'm just lazy. I like to plop on the couch and watch TV after work. I like to wake up to surfing the net and reading my email. I don't like to sweat. And I don't like to feel pain.

This doesn't put me in a good position now does it?

Well, off and on, throughout my adult life, I've been able to stick to workout plans for a few months at a time. Then, without fail, SOMETHING happens (anything really). I get out of the habit, and the next thing I know it's been 6 months or more since I broke a sweat.

I have a $3,000, lifetime gym membership (seriously, I never have to pay another penny). I have a Bowflex, and I have a Bowflex Treadclimber. The Treadclimber (BTC) is the latest addition to my, uh, collection.

My thought is this...I know I don't like pain, and I know that aerobic exercise burns calories. Burning calories eventually burns fat. Burned fat means a smaller waistline. I'm more interested in getting the fat off than I am putting the muscle on, for now.

So, I've been working on the BTC becoming a routine for me. To that end, I'm going to keep track of my progress on here for a while, and see what happens.

Today it was 30 minutes, level 1, set at #218 Lbs (my current weight and I am 6'3" tall). I also did 20 + 15 crunches. I like to start slow and work up to an intense workout. Slow and steady seems to work for me. I don't feel crippled 2 days later, AND I get to see myself make real progress.

Now, if I could only find a way to eat healthier AND like it AND not feel hunger all the time......

No comments: