Monday, July 10, 2006

Mr. Paco

Paco (again, not his real name), my boyfriend was with me for the weekend. As per usual, he comes to my house after work on Friday and we spend the weekend together. You see, I live alone, he has a roommate. It is just nicer than having to deal with roommate-related crapola. Unfortunately for him, it means driving the 30 miles each weekend, each direction. Sometimes it works out that when Monday rolls around, he has to be somewhere near my house, and it's actually closer for him. This usually is not the case.

So, this weekend followed the profile. He met me at my house Friday evening, he went to bed early. We did stuff over the weekend, and , atypically, he left Monday morning instead of Sunday night.

Funny thing is, Paco never mentioned our "deal" at all this weekend. Now, he knows what kind of procrastinator I really am, so why didn't he even ask if I had made any progress on that? Maybe he's respecting my "space." Or, maybe he's not feeling it because we are back to "status quo" in our relationship. Either is true, the former is more likely IMHO.

I guess I will make some calls today and get started on that process. Ugh, I am SOOO NOT looking forward to digging up all my emotional sh*t. I did promise though, and I like to consider myself a man of my word.

No comments: