Wednesday, July 05, 2006

And so it begins....

Yes, this is the requisite "I'm new to this blogging thing so please be nice to me" post.

I'm really only writing this blog for myself. As a mental health professional, I, from time to time, ask my clients to keep journals. This has 2 major effects:
  1. The client is faced with recounting their thoughts, feelings and behaviors each day. This give them an inventory to which they can later refer.
  2. When the client shows me their journal, which they often do, I am better equipped to help them sort it out and make sense of the, seemingly non-apparent, patterns.
So, I've decided to take my own advice. I'm having problems in my own life, and have decided that keeping a journal for myself would be a good thing.

If you are still reading, I'm surprised. Again, this is really just for me.

I've decided to make it public because I'm a tech-geek and just happen to like the tools that have been made available to me here. This is a THERAPEUTIC EXPERIMENT, not journalistic endeavor. So, if you want to comment, go ahead, but be nice. I have no more room in my life for negativity...Especially from f*ck-all strangers.

No comments: