Monday, July 09, 2007

Oh how busy we get

Wow!

It has been 2 months since my last entry. I'm a schmuck, sorry!

Ok, the stalker backed off after being served with her PPO. I remain alive and, mostly, well.

I've had another horrible technical support problem with a computer company, DELL. I won't get into the details, but suffice it to say they are shooting themselves in their collective, proverbial feet.

CALLWAVE continues to be a GODSEND! They've recently updated their companion software for your PC. A few new features and some neat looking eye-candy to boot. If you use your cell phone for business and DON'T want your clients to have your REAL number, this is the service for you! $4/Month, SOOOOOOO worth it!

The therapist has entered therapy himself. Enough was enough. I have begun therapy myself and it is going nicely. I had forgotten how helpful it can be. Silly, I know, since I'm usually the one DOING the therapy. So much for analyzing myself (which is never a good idea anyways).

The remodel of my home is coming along. We've been editing, repairing, repainting and such for about that 2 months. Paco and his good friend, we'll call her "Becky" (Again, TOTALLY not her real name. In fact, I think she hates that name. But it's only a pseudonym, so, no biggie) have been SOOO HELPFUL! Paco and Becky have been doing the vast majority of the painting. This is awesome because I HATE painting. The front area of the house is looking REALLY good!

House hunting is slow going. I'd say that Paco and I have looked at 10 or 15 million houses by now. ;) Some I like and he doesn't, some he likes and I don't, some we both hate. Seems the stuff we both love is SEVERAL times our price range. (I know we aren't unique in that aspect).

I've discovered that I seems to actually enjoy stripping paint off of household air vents and then spray painting them back to life. Who knew?!? Seriously, I'm talking 50+ years worth of paint in at LEAST 5 to 7 layers. CitriStrip is my new best friend (right next to Rustoleum White Gloss Enamel spray paint).

I remain cursed.

Work is more busy than I expected it to be this summer.

The heat has been MUCH worse that I like, lately. That damn SUN! ;)

Hmmm, and we went to a surprise birthday party for Becky's fiancee. He was surprised, YAY!!!

Ok, that's the crash-course update.

Ciao for now!

"Please Hold. Please Continue to Hold, your call is important to us." "Well, not important enough for us to actually have enough people answering the phones, but, you know...."

--Iton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Mike, I’m a Technical Analyst located at Dell corporate headquarters in Round Rock, TX. I’m part of an internet outreach team developed to interact with the online community regarding technical questions and issues that customers face with Dell products. I read your comment about the problems you’re having with technical support and I wanted to offer some help.

You didn’t say much about the problem, but a bullet in the proverbial foot doesn’t sound to enticing for either party involved. If you would like to get back to me with the details of the problem I’d be happy to help. You can contact me at customer_advocate@dell.com with this topic in the subject line, ATTN: Mike. B (Bullet in the foot), and I’ll get back to you ASAP. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Mike
Dell customer advocate