Thursday, July 12, 2007

You may now call me "Reverend"

Oh this is a good one!

I was reading a Yahoo News article about Tori Spelling this morning. It seems that she got herself ordained as a minister through the Universal Life Church Monastery. She is even performing Gay weddings on her reality show. Go Tori!

Now, I'm not sure, but I THINK that this is the same "church" that used to advertise in the back of Rolling Stone magazine. In any case, I've wanted to do this myself since I was a teen. I remember watching an episode of Northern Exposure where the one hunky, loner character was asked to perform a wedding based on a similar credential. I said then that I would do it as well.

Ok, so, here we are, probably 15 years later. It took the likes of Tori Spelling to remind me about that subversive, conformity desire (I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but it's not, trust me) that I had as a youngin.

So, I went ahead and did it. LOL! I am now an "Officially Ordained Minister" of the ULC. They claim that it gives me all the rights and such of the title "Reverend."



"Were you to hear God's true voice, your mind would cave in and your heart would explode inside your chest. We went through five Adams before we figured that one out."

--Iton

No comments: