Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What, what WHAT?!?!

Doesn't it just figure? Michigan's weather has been like a kinked hose this winter. It started off normally, then we became unseasonably warm. So warm in fact that it was RAINING (not snowing or icing) on New Year's Eve. Our cold weather had been held back like the flow of water from a kinked garden hose. Then, a few weeks ago, Mother Nature unkinked the hose. Now we are freezing our patooties off. We got dumped on last night. I don't know the official snow-fall measurements, but my driveway has snow drifts nearly 2 feet deep. YIKES!

What makes this a problem for me is that my snowblower took a crap. You see, my father had bought it, used, a number of years ago. He was a relatively frugal man. Not to say that he was "cheap" but rather not "wasteful."

To my knowledge the thing has never worked 100% correctly. This is my third winter with the snowblower (and this house) all to myself. It was always hard to start (pull-start, no electric starter on this baby). Unfortunately, this year, it won't get started at all.

I had intended to get it serviced earlier in the season. And, in fact, I have a place all lined up only like 2 miles from my house. The problem is that the damn thing is so big that it won't fit in my SUV. I have no way to get it to the service place. I tried to get my brother to help, since he has a pickup truck. You see, he drives 3 hours each way, every other weekend, to pick up and drop off his daughter. What REALLY blows is that he is really only available to help me on Sundays. Nothing that even smells like a snowblower service facility is even OPEN on Sundays.

So, here I sit. I'm a little snowed in (fortunately the SUV has no problem getting through the drifts), my snowblower is dead, help is so near and yet so far, and I feel like a jerk for not clearing the driveway and walkways that lead to my house.

Well, I'm still not sure what to do for this year, but Paco and I have been talking about next year. We are SOOOOO getting a killer replacement for this thing when we move. Mmmm, electric start, headlight, coffee maker, flight attendant, ALL the bells and whistles in a snowblower-overkill extravaganza.

But, for now, I need to strap the dogs to the sled to get the garbage to the curb. ;)

Ho hum, why oh why can't I just win the lottery so that I can buy that little private island that I want? I mean Really! It's ONLY $10 Million (I'm sure I have that in loose coin under the sofa cushion).

"My husband asked me if we had any Cheetos. Like he can't pick up the sofa cushion and look for himself!"

--Iton

No comments: